Friday, July 10, 2009, was our last day in Zhengzhou. We had breakfast, walked to the park, then went back to the hotel and packed up to get ready to head out to the airport and catch our flight to Guangzhou. We left the hotel at 2 pm. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5. Got to the airport, got our boarding passes, luggage checked, then we find out that most of the flights out of the Zhengzhou airport had been canceled. They were using all the airplanes to transport the military. However our flight had not been canceled, just delayed. It now was scheduled to leave at 11 pm. It was now probally 3:15 and what were we going to do for 7 hours. Accross the interstated from the airport was a new hotel that had just opened the end of June. We go over there and hang out in there coffee shop for about 3 1/2 hours. It was nice, we all ate and the kids played. I think we broke the hotel staff in. We got back to the airport around 7 and were told that our flight was ahead of time and we were catching our flight at 8 pm. We all got through security to find out that we still did not have a flight. It was still showing as delayed and we had no gate to go to. Luckly the airport had an indoor playground so that kept the older kids entertained most of the time. well 11 pm came and went and we still had no flight. We ended up catching our flight out at 1am. We arrinved at the Guangzhou airport at 3 am and made it to the hotel at 4 and got to bed at 4:30. The kids all had there medical appoinment the next morning. Needless to say we were all tired, but the kids did extremely well.
The medical exam went real well until time for the TB test and shots. As of July 1st, if the adopted child is over 2 they have to be tested for TB. We have eight families in our group, all had to have the TB test except for two. If you are a Haque family if your vacination records are not up to date, you have to get the child vacinated. LeahJean had to have the TB test as well has 5 other shots. Not a happy camper. She actually did better than what i thought she would. She did run some fever Saturday night and Sunday and woke up with fever this morning, but she is good now. She was having a hard time walking Sunday, her littl legs were hurting. She got two shots in one leg, one in the other and on in each arm. We had to go back to the clinic today to get the results for the TB test. All the kids TB test were negative, YEAH!!!
The White Swan is still a beautiful as ever. We took LeahJean swimming yesterday. She didn't know what to think of it. She just sat in the baby pool and would not move. Hope to get to take her out again tomorrow. We have been doing some shopping on the island. We went to the Pearl Market today with the group. Bought LeahJean some pearls that she will get when she gets married one day. Also got her a pair of earings that she will get when she gets her ears pierced.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, we will get the Red Coach pictures taken and then we are going to take the River Boat Cruise. They say the sights from the River Boat are beautiful. Will post more later.
Five more days and we will be home. I am so ready to get home and see my other babies, all four of them. We love you all and miss you all so much.